Building new lives
beyond prison walls.
For the first time, Changed Choices is hiring a full time Development Director. This person will be self-motivated and responsible for crafting and carrying out an intentional plan to meet the agency’s financial needs. This is a key leadership position as Changed Choices continues to develop from its grassroots start while keeping the clients at the heart of the work.
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The Development Director will provide strategic direction, management and coordination for generating support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources to achieve Changed Choices’ fundraising goals. The Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Board’s Advancement Committee, and must be an advocate and safeguard for Changed Choices vision, mission and values.
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full time, Exempt (40 hours/week)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
I. Strategic Direction and Management
● Build and oversee the implementation of an aspirational, achievable annual development plan and a multi-year vision for balanced, sustainable revenue streams to support the agency’s mission. Address donor care priorities specific to Changed Choices.
● Maintain effective records and establish tracking procedures to support development work.
● Oversee Spiritual Care & Outreach Manager to include partners from the faith community in development plans.
● Lead organization-wide development functions, leveraging the support of committees of staff, volunteers and board members as needed. ● Contribute to an agency culture built on relationships that prioritizes stewardship, promotes collaboration and embodies integrity.
II. Fundraising and Donor Development
● In collaboration with the Executive Director, manage fundraising activities to include annual appeal, social media giving campaigns, special events, planned giving, donor appreciation events, and more.
● Grow the agency’s donor base by identifying and cultivating relationships potential individual corporate, and foundation donors. Steward current donor relationships.
● Utilize CRM and other tools to institutionalize relationships with key stakeholders.
● Work closely with Executive Director to acquire and maintain metrics for grant evaluations and reporting. Identify and apply for grants, working closely with program staff to ensure outcomes are aligned with agency’s mission and vision.
III. Communications / Community and Public Relations
● Prepare/oversee communications including direct mail and email blasts, social media, case statements, and sponsorship proposals that celebrate success stories and inspire engagement. Strong marketing experience preferred.
● Develop and maintain close relationships with the philanthropic community, corporate sponsors and individual donors.
● Working closely with the Staff Accountant and Executive Director, provide regular reports to the Advancement Committee of the Board.
● The successful candidate understands that Changed Choices is a non-profit organization led by followers of Christ, and is invested in implementing those values throughout their work.
● 3-5 years of hands-on experience in fundraising, marketing, event planning and communications.
● Ability to engage with others with sensitivity, approachability, and discernment.
● Must be highly relational with an ability to quickly build trust with people from diverse backgrounds—religious, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, educational and social.
● Enthusiasm for the mission of Changed Choices (with personal connection to the work preferred).
● Must possess flexibility and exceptional problem solving skills in a team environment.
● Strong computer/technology and CRM aptitude.
● Proven track record of managing a multifaceted fundraising program in an organization with a reputation for integrity and excellence
● Successful results from personally cultivating event sponsors and funder relationships.
● Record of measureable results from donor care, marketing efforts, fundraising events and direct mail.
● Knowledge of grant writing and basic website management preferred.
● Practiced and well-rounded communicator (spoken presentations, print materials, email, social media and phone).
At this time Changed Choices is unable to offer health insurance benefits to employees. We do offer a monthly stipend to assist with the cost of securing insurance privately.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter and references by April 10th, 2019 to email@example.com.
Qualified applicants will be invited to complete an application, and candidates selected to interview will be chosen from that pool.