Building new lives
beyond prison walls.
Partner Care Manager
Changed Choices is accepting applications for a full-time Partner Care Manager. This individual will
be an energetic, experienced, committed fundraiser eager to work in the non-profit sector serving
women impacted by incarceration. She will be self-driven and responsible to craft and execute an
intentional, multi-faceted, fundraising plan to meet the ministry’s financial needs. Changed Choices is
looking for the individual that is willing to partner with the Executive Director and staff to adapt and
grow as the ministry advances on mission. We are anticipating program expansion over the next few
years and need an individual who would welcome the challenge of being part of shaping and building
the financial base necessary to support this growing ministry.
The Partner Care Manager will provide strategic direction and program coordination for generating
support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources to achieve Changed Choices’
fundraising goals. The Partner Care Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and must
be an advocate and safeguard for Changed Choices vision, mission and values.
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full time, exempt (40 hours/week)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
I. Strategic Direction and Management (20%)
● Build and oversee the implementation of an aspirational, achievable annual development plan
and a multi-year vision for balanced, sustainable revenue streams to support the ministry’s mission.
● Maintain effective records and establish tracking procedures to support development work.
● Oversee staff resources to include and expand partners from the faith community as part of the development plan.
● Plan and lead organization-wide development events and functions, leveraging the support of committees of staff, volunteers and board members as needed.
● Contribute to a ministry culture built on relationships that prioritizes stewardship, promotes collaboration and embodies integrity.
II. Fundraising and Donor Development (50%)
● Manage a well-rounded fundraising plan and activities to include direct mail and email appeals, social media, all giving campaigns, special events, planned giving, donor appreciation events, and more.
● Grow the ministry’s donor base by identifying and cultivating relationships with potential individual, corporate, and foundation donors. Steward current donor relationships.
● Manage the donor database (Salesforce) keeping donor information current and utilizing for reporting, mailing, stewarding, and planning.
● Work closely with Executive Director to acquire and maintain metrics for grant evaluations and reporting.
Identify and apply for grants including the necessary follow-up reporting. This will include working closely with program staff to ensure outcomes are aligned with the ministry’s mission and vision.
III. Communications / Community and Public Relations (30%)
● Prepare/oversee and execute communications calendar including direct mail and email blasts, social media, case statements, and sponsorship proposals that celebrate success stories and inspire engagement. Strong marketing experience preferred.
● Develop and maintain close relationships with the philanthropic community, corporate sponsors and individual donors.
● Working closely with the Staff Accountant and Executive Director, provide regular reports of fundraising efforts and status.
● Engage with the Board as requested by the Executive Director which may include attending Board meetings, and more.
● The successful candidate understands that Changed Choices is a non-profit organization led by followers of Christ,
and fully embraces the faith-based mission of the organization. This is evident in every aspect of the ministry work.
● 3-5 years of hands-on experience in fundraising, marketing, event planning and communications.
● Must be a self-starter and comfortable making decisions.
● This position requires some nights and weekends to meet the job responsibilities.
● Ability to engage with others with sensitivity, approachability, and discernment.
● Must be highly relational with an ability to quickly build trust with people from diverse backgrounds—religious, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, educational and social.
● Must possess flexibility and exceptional creative problem solving skills in a team environment.
● Strong computer/technology and CRM aptitude (experience with Salesforce is a plus).
● Must be flexible and comfortable with change as we seek to grow the ministry moving forward.
● Proven track record of managing a multifaceted fundraising program in an organization with a
reputation for integrity and excellence.
● Successful results from personally cultivating event sponsors and funder relationships.
● Record of measurable results from donor care, marketing efforts, fundraising events and direct mail.
● Knowledge of grant writing and basic website management preferred.
● Practiced and well-rounded communicator (spoken presentations, print materials, email, social media and phone).
Please submit your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will
be received until March 27th .
Vision Statement: Changed Choices exists so that women who have experienced incarceration lead
restored lives marked by healthy decisions, self-sufficiency, and contribution to their
Mission Statement: As followers of Christ, we empower currently and recently incarcerated women to
achieve lasting, positive change through programming and personalized mental, emotional,
physical and spiritual support.
Changed Choices is non-discriminatory in the provision of services for and accepting women into our
CARE program regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
or other legally protected status.